I love sleep more than life itself but I have always struggled with getting enough it. I had a bad bouts of insomnia In my early twenties and over the last year I’ve been working on how to wake up and not feel exhausted all day long. I’m writing this post due to jasminesbeautyfinds asking for some tips to getting out of bed a little bit easier. So these are some tips I’ve used to help me sleep a thousand times better.
- Wake up when you wake up- I don’t mean don’t set an alarm and just hope you wake up on time. Everyone’s been there when they’ve woke up 5 minutes before their alarm and instead of getting up they try and fall back to sleep and wait for their alarm. DON’T. And don’t even start about snoozing it’s not good for you. Getting that extra 7 minutes is going to make you a thousand times worse and going to make you super grouchy and more tired through the day. Let your body sleep if it needs it. Listen to what your body is telling you but if you know full well your being lazy, you need to re address that.
- Breakfast- who are these monsters that wake up and then not eat until midday. I go to sleep thinking of food and wake up thinking of food. Often I even dream I’m in a supermarket or eating out. I love food. Anyways enough about me! Let’s carry on about the post. Making sure you have a proper breakfast means you don’t get hungry until dinner time which gives you enough energy for the rest of the day.
- Make plans- making plans or appointments so you have no choice but to get up. I always set an reminder for my daily plans, so then I have to be up and ready to do these daily things. Always keep a routine for waking up and your body will get use to this and it will be much easier within time.
- Alarm- try putting your alarm on the other side of the room so you have to get out of bed to be able to turn it off. I do this with my phone when I have work early in the morning, not only does it wake you up better. I also don’t fall asleep looking at my phone.
- Get moving – don’t laze around in bed, get up and out of bed and get your heart going. I don’t mean plan a full workout. Just try running on the spot or really wake yourself up with a cold shower. Or better if you have time go for a walk or run around the block. I sometimes motivate myself out of bed by getting up super early get me and my son ready and head off to town for a decent breakfast and a cup of tea.
Hope this post helps some of you people who find it hard to get out of bed! If you have any more tips please share I would love to hear them! Xox itsagirlsdream